Make plans now to join your colleagues at the world’s premier orthopaedic event: the Academy’s Annual Meeting, taking place March 24–28, 2020, in Orlando, Fla.
The meeting delivers five days of powerful education, innovation, and collaboration, and it’s all happening in Orlando, the world-class, warm-weather destination that has something for everyone. Bring your family and enjoy iconic theme parks, get together with colleagues for fine dining or casual eats, or just take in some balmy air in March. In the words of the city’s enthusiastic boosters: If you haven’t been to Orlando lately, you’re in for some amazing surprises.
Your time is valuable, and the Academy has restructured educational programming and events to allow you to maximize your meeting experience and Engage in Excellence.
Get the most out of the meeting and maximize the number of credits you earn by choosing the Gold Package, which provides access to the AAOS Annual Meeting OnDemand, an online library where you have maximum flexibility to:
- access hundreds of hours of content
- watch the sessions you missed
- learn anytime, anywhere
- earn up to 100 continuing medical education (CME) credits
Strengthen your skills with new learning opportunities, such as:
- Orthopaedic Influencer: Learn what it takes to become an influencer as residents interview those who have the power to cause positive change with their knowledge, position, and authority in orthopaedics.
- Engagement Theater: Experience a new theater that provides daily engaging presentations on a variety of topics ranging from advocacy, research updates, and mentoring.
As always, the Annual Meeting offers the latest in research, cutting-edge technology, and top-trending topics, including:
- 1,000+ posters, keeping you at the forefront of research globally
- 800+ expert faculty, presenting the highest-quality information about new and hot topics
- 650+ industry exhibits, providing resources and solutions to address your toughest cases
- 220+ instructional course lectures, exposing you to in-depth learning that is vital to your ongoing success in practice
- up to 29.5 CME credits, enabling you to advance your career
- 30+ case presentations, engaging you in discussions of complex cases with peers and experts
- 25 symposia, giving you a balanced perspective on the most relevant topics in orthopaedics
- 10+ technical skills courses, empowering you to focus on positioning, approach, and technical tips
- Specialty Day, offered by 13 specialty societies, featuring the latest updates in each field
Academy Hall showcases Academy benefits. From membership, education, and career planning to quality, research, and advocacy, the solutions, actions, and resources that comprise the perks of your membership are gathered in one place. AAOS staff are on hand to help you navigate everything the meeting has to offer.
Two poster sessions offer double the research. Hear from poster presenters in session 1 (Tuesday–Wednesday) and session 2 (Thursday–Friday) in Academy Hall. You can also view e-posters from both sessions beginning on Tuesday.
At the Orthopaedic Video Theater (OVT), view the vast and growing collection of expert, quality surgical videos. OVT includes dynamic orthopaedic videos from diverse perspectives—including globally renowned experts, leading institutions, industry, and user-submitted videos—adding increased variety to your learning.
Make the most of your Annual Meeting experience with ticketed opportunities at Instructional Courses, which help participants master in-depth, experience-based orthopaedic techniques from world-renowned surgeons.
Technical Skills Courses focus on positioning, approach, and step-by-step technical tips via edited videos, followed by discussion on the pearls.
At Case Presentation Courses, engage in collaborative table discussions of complicated cases with peers and experts, review case data, and hear final solutions.
Get on track
Take a deep dive into your specialty at the AAOS 2020 Annual Meeting by choosing an Educational Track with a variety of targeted sessions covering the most current, relevant, and scientific knowledge and practices. Each track includes up to four instructional courses and is offered as an advanced or moderate path.
Choose from one of 10 specialty areas, then select the individual programs that align with your level of expertise. Education Tracks cover:
- Adult Reconstruction Hip
- Adult Reconstruction Knee
- Foot and Ankle
- Hand and Wrist
- Musculoskeletal Oncology
- Sports Medicine
Make the best use of your time by choosing the Education Track that will propel your practice and heighten your mastery. Education Tracks fill up quickly, so be sure to reserve your seat today—registration closes Feb. 14, 2020. As an added bonus, when you purchase an Education Track, you receive one additional Instructional Course for free.
Don’t forget to check out the Exhibit Hall—your go-to resource to discover cutting-edge products and services to enhance your practice. Nowhere else can you:
- see new products and technology from more than 650 companies
- connect with industry experts from major orthopaedic and device manufacturers
- compare products and plan purchases for your hospital or practice
Don’t miss engaging presentations throughout the Exhibit Hall:
- Innovation Theaters expose you to live demonstrations of innovative products, services, and solutions showcased by medical and technology professionals.
- Ask an Expert offers you opportunities to present your case challenges to receive expert diagnoses and recommendations.
- TechTalks present expert-led, tech-focused sessions about the latest applications beneficial to you and your team.
Discover your ideal hotel
Choose the perfect room from a variety of brands and room types. When you reserve your hotel accommodations through AAOS, your reservation is safe and secure. Select your favorite Orlando hotel by Feb. 27, 2020, to take advantage of the special AAOS rate.
April Holmes is the education manager for AAOS Conventions and Exhibits. She can be reached at email@example.com.
Terry Stanton is the senior science writer for AAOS Now. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.