Registration for this webinar is now closed.
If you are experiencing any technical difficulties, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For late registration until 5:00 PM CT/6:00 PM ET, please call customer service at 800-626-6726
This webinar is an AAOS Member Benefit!
AAOS Members attend for free.
Webinar Director: Scott Steinmann, MD, FAAOS
This webinar will present new areas of innovation in shoulder surgery. Topics will include the use and application of virtual reality for shoulder surgery, new research on elbow arthroplasty for fracture, opioid use and shoulder surgery, new approaches for elbow instability, indications and uses of grafts and patches in treating massive rotator cuff tears, and the use of custom guides for shoulder arthroplasty.
At the conclusion of this webinar, learners should be able to:
· Identify virtual reality techniques to improve practice of shoulder surgery
· Learn opportunities to implement evidenced-based strategies for opioid use into current practice
· Discuss options for the treatment of distal humerus fractures
· Identify surgical techniques for elbow instability
· Discuss approaches to enhance the surgical treatment of rotator cuff tears
· Identify opportunities for custom guides in shoulder arthroplasty
Faculty: Julie Dodds, MD, FAAOS; Carolyn Hettrich, MD, MPH, FAAOS; Michael O’Brien MD, FAAOS; Vani Sabesan, MD, FAAOS; Niloofar Dehghan, MD, MSc, FAAOS, FRCSC
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education (CME) for physicians. The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.