This webinar is an AAOS Member Benefit!
AAOS Members attend for free.
Can’t make the live webinar? You can still register to receive a notification when the webinar recording is available. You will have access for 2 years!
Description: Webinar to discuss the current cutting edge methods of treating acute scaphoid fractures and nonunions. The faculty will discuss all of the relevant current controversies and focus on the best quality recent evidence to guide our learners when faced with these common injuries.
1. Understand the current controversies in the treatment of scaphoid fractures
2. Understand the current controversies in the treatment of scaphoid nonunions
3. Discuss the benefits and downsides of vascularized versus nonvascularized bone grafts
4. Evaluate the best fixation methods for treatment of scaphoid fractures
5. Understand the options for proximal pole nonunions where the bone is no longer salvageable
Moderator: Jeffrey Yao, MD
Faculty: Nina Suh, MD, Marc Richard, MD Steve Lee, MD, Sanjeev Kakar, MD
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education (CME) for physicians. The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.