Michael J. Taunton, MD
ONLINE, Scored and Recorded
10 SAE CME; 100 multiple-choice questions
CME for this program expires on 1/31/2022
If you have already purchased this self-assessment program, you may log in and begin taking it here.
Evaluate your knowledge of common reconstructive issues about the knee and hip. Improve your skills in preventing and managing common complications such as infection, venous thromboembolism, and instability. Learn to identify factors leading to the early failure of hip and knee arthroplasty.
Completing this examination will help you:
• Identify factors which can lead to instability in total hip arthroplasty.
• Diagnose problems and evaluate periprosthetic joint infection about the hip and knee.
• Diagnose and treat dysplastic conditions about the hip.
• Describe the diagnosis and treatment of aseptic loosening in total knee arthroplasty.
• Apply the AAOS guidelines for prevention and management of thromboembolic complications after total hip and total knee arthroplasty.
• Identify important factors in the evaluation of metal reactions in total hip arthroplasty
ONLINE LEARNING PLATFORM
Access examinations via the AAOS online learning platform, with a mobile-friendly interface. Enhance your learning experience with these features and functions:
• Easily navigate content, change display preferences, take notes, and mark items of interest
• Access resources and educational links for further learning – including valuable discussions and commentary, rationale for the correct answers, and links to PubMed references
• Pinch and size enhanced graphics to full screen on any touchscreen device
• View online or on the AAOS Access App for even more convenience
• Take the exam in scored and recorded format, and then access the quiz-builder for a completely customizable experience
Self-Assessment in MOC
Credits earned by completing this Scored and Recorded Special Interest Self-Assessment Examinations can be applied to the scored and recorded self-assessment requirements as mandated by the ABOS Maintenance of Certification (MOC) process and will count toward the CME credit requirement, as well.
Please Log in to Add to Cart