ONLINE, Scored and Recorded
10 SAE CME; 100 multiple-choice questions
CME for this program expires on 12/31/2021
Gregory G. Gallant, MD, MBA
If you have already purchased this self-assessment program, you may log in and begin taking it here.
The goal of this examination is to enhance the resident and practicing physician’s ability to diagnose and manage common hand and wrist problems seen in clinical practice. Each question clearly presents a specific case followed by an extensive discussion with up to date references provided. Confidence and ability in recognizing and treating patients with acute and chronic wrist ligament injuries, hand and wrist fractures and dislocations, flexor and extensor tendon injuries, and nerve problems affecting the upper extremity will be markedly improved.
Completing this examination will help you:
• evaluate, diagnose and treat patients with acute and chronic wrist ligament injuries.
• interpret radiographic images and make decisions regarding the treatment of fractures of the forearm, wrist and hand.
• evaluate, diagnose, and discuss treatment options for idiopathic, traumatic, and compressive nerve conditions involving the upper extremity.
• interpret radiographic images and make decisions regarding the treatment of acute and chronic dislocations of the wrist and hand.
• diagnose and discuss treatment options for pediatric and adult patients with compartment syndrome affecting the upper extremity.
ONLINE LEARNING PLATFORM
Access examinations via the AAOS online learning platform, with a mobile-friendly interface. Enhance your learning experience with these features and functions:
• Easily navigate content, change display preferences, take notes, and mark items of interest
• Access resources and educational links for further learning – including valuable discussions and commentary, rationale for the correct answers, and links to PubMed references
• Pinch and size enhanced graphics to full screen on any touchscreen device
• View online or on the AAOS Access App for even more convenience
• Take the exam in scored and recorded format, and then access the quiz-builder for a completely customizable experience
Self-Assessment in MOC
Credits earned by completing this Scored and Recorded Special Interest Self-Assessment Examinations can be applied to the scored and recorded self-assessment requirements as mandated by the ABOS Maintenance of Certification (MOC) process and will count toward the CME credit requirement, as well.
Please Log in to Add to Cart