CME expires February 2025
Stay up to date with current concepts for the treatment of shoulder pain and dysfunction, focusing exclusively on reverse shoulder arthroplasty techniques.
Covering history and basic science, clinical applications and techniques, as well as prosthetic device design and implementation, Surgical Insights: Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty is your go-to reference on this rapidly expanding procedure. Experienced leaders in shoulder arthroplasty provide all the detailed, technical guidance you will need on relevant anatomy and biomechanics, surgical approaches, primary and revision surgery, nonarthroplasty solutions, prosthetic design, complications, salvage options, and postoperative rehabilitation. Fully updated, searchable, and lavishly illustrated this course is an indispensable tool for all orthopaedic surgeons who treat shoulder conditions.
Bradford O. Parsons, MD
Samer S. Hasan, MD, PhD
Joseph A. Abboud, MD
Anand M. Murthi, MD
Paul M. Sethi, MD
Felix Savoie III, MD
Lewis L. Shi, MD
See all Faculty Contributors
Table of Contents
Module 1: Biomechanics of Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty
Module 2: History and Indications for Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty
Module 3: Expanded Indications for Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty
Module 4: Applications of Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty in the Revision Setting
Module 5: Postoperative Rehabilitation and Complications After Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty
Review the full Table of Contents
- Navigate at your own pace and depth with interactive self-guided, learning opportunities in each lesson.
- Access full-text journal articles, book chapters, and links to current literature.
- Watch high-quality, peer-reviewed surgical videos to boost your understanding of key techniques and outcomes.
- Master in-depth experience-based orthopaedic techniques with Instructional Course Lectures from world-renowned surgeons.
- Enhance your critical thinking skills with interactive clinical case scenarios and examples.
- Check your understanding with a knowledge-check quiz at the end of each module.
- Identify surgical indications and contraindications for reverse shoulder arthroplasty.
- Recognize the biomechanical and clinical implications of various implant design features including humeral tray inclination, glenosphere and humeral lateralization versus medialization, baseplate positioning, and the relative indications for the various implant types.
- Identify the indications and technical pearls of reverse shoulder arthroplasty for the treatment of proximal humerus fractures.
- Distinguish the indications and surgical options for addressing glenoid bone loss in the setting of reverse shoulder arthroplasty.
- Identify the indications and technical pearls of reverse shoulder arthroplasty for the treatment of massive rotator cuff tears and cuff tear arthropathy.
- Recognize the surgical indications and technical pearls for conversion of a failed shoulder arthroplasty to a reverse total shoulder arthroplasty.
- Apply contemporary strategies for patient rehabilitation after reverse shoulder arthroplasty.
- Manage complications in reverse shoulder arthroplasty and gain insight on how to avoid them.
Earn up to 50 AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits™.