Learn like you were there!
Take a front-row virtual seat at this Academy skills course recorded September 2019 at the OLC Education & Conference Center: AAOS Innovative Surgical Techniques in Knee Arthroplasty: Early Intervention to Revision
Course Directors: James A. Browne, MD, and Mark J. Spangehl, MD
This on demand video program brings the finished event to you as faculty present best practices and emerging technologies designed to enhance patient outcomes for partial, primary, and revision knee replacement. Watch and listen to the lecturers and their presentation slides, including patient cases and related surgical video demonstrations.
Content is segmented by topic, so you can pick up where you left off or select lectures you prefer to watch - across your devices.
This Courses OnDemand program features 50 lectures from distinguished faculty covering:
- Peri-operative Patient Optimization in Knee Arthroplasty
- Unicompartmental Arthroplasty
- TKA Fundamentals
- The Future of TKA
- Hot Topics in TKA
- Avoiding and Managing Complex Problems
- Practice Management
- TKA: Core Concepts
- Revision TKA: Management of Bone Loss and Extensor Mechanism Disruption
- TKA Infection
This convenient, self-directed course gives you the flexibility to engage with trusted AAOS content online at your convenience.
Attended the course? Enjoy special discounted pricing and supplement your notes, review lectures for improved retention and recall, and earn CME – again! Call AAOS Customer Service at 800.626.6726 to claim your discounted attendee rate! Outside U.S. dial 1.847.823.7186.
At the conclusion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Understand how to select patients with knee arthritis who are likely to benefit from unicompartmental knee arthroplasty
- Institute a rapid recovery protocol for joint arthroplasty in their own practice using contemporary strategies for patient selection, peri-operative optimization and pain management
- Identify appropriate surgical approaches for performing unicompartmental knee arthroplasty, and primary and revision total knee arthroplasty
- Diagnose and treat acute and chronic periprosthetic knee infections
- Interpret the latest data and recommendations regarding evolving concepts in knee arthroplasty including outpatient surgery, robotic assisted surgery, and cementless TKA
AAOS designates this activity for 8 AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits™. The CME is not scored and recorded.