Learn like you were there!Take a front-row virtual seat at this Academy skills course recorded December 2019 at the OLC Education & Conference Center: AAOS/OTA Orthopaedic Trauma Update in Tactics and Techniques
Course Directors: Laura J. Prokuski, MD, FAAOS, and Frank Liporace, MD, FAAOS
This on demand video program brings the finished event to you as faculty present the latest treatment strategies and techniques for managing fractures across the anatomical areas. A dynamic faculty of renowned trauma specialists help you modernize your treatment methods to build confidence in selecting the best option for your injured patients.
Watch and listen to the lecturers and their presentation slides, including patient cases, related surgical video demonstrations and emerging technologies. Content is segmented by topic, so you can pick up where you left off or select lectures you prefer to watch - across your devices.
This Courses OnDemand program features over 35 lectures from distinguished faculty covering:
- Getting Through the Night
- Femur Fractures
- Fractures about the Knee
- Distal Tibia, Ankle, and Foot Fractures
- Shoulder and Humerus Fractures
- Forearm and Wrist Fractures
This convenient, self-directed course gives you the flexibility to engage with trusted AAOS content online at your convenience.
Attended the course? Enjoy special discounted pricing and supplement your notes, review lectures for improved retention and recall, and earn CME – again! Call AAOS Customer Service at 800.626.6726 to claim your discounted attendee rate! Outside U.S. dial 1.847.823.7186.
At the conclusion of this course, learners should be able to:
AAOS designates this activity for 8 AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits™. The CME is not scored and recorded.
- Define procedures associated with acute trauma call responsibilities of the upper and lower extremity
- Avoid complications such as infection, implant failure, and nonunions
- Describe open and minimally invasive surgical approaches focusing on relevant anatomy, implant position, and clamp position for fracture fixation
- Manage patient cases involving fracture specific timing, staging principles and positioning methods