Real-world scenarios. Relevant learning.
Build your critical thinking and problem-solving skills with this program based on real patient cases.
In this journal-based CME activity, you will review the typical presentation, diagnosis, and management of chronic peronael tendon disorders by following an evolving patient case scenario based on a recent article from the Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (JAAOS).
After the reading, you will complete an assessment to test your orthopaedic knowledge, problem solving, and clinical decision-making skills.
As a result of completing this program, I am able to:
1. Describe the functional anatomy of the peroneal tendon complex.
2. Explain the typical clinical presentation of chronic peroneal tendon disorders, including common symptoms and physical examination findings.
3. Identify imaging studies that aid in the diagnosis of peroneal tendon disorders.
4. Discuss the pathophysiology of, etiology of, and evidence-based treatment options for the management of chronic peroneal tendon disorders, including tendinopathy, tendon tears, and tendon dislocations.
5. Review the outcomes of the nonsurgical and surgical management of peroneal tendon disorders, including common complications.
Earn up to 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
CME expires May 2023