Cases Solved! is a journal-based CME activity series presented by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Each activity consists of an interactive clinical case scenario based on a recent article from the Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons followed by a multiple-choice assessment to put your diagnostic and management skills to the test.
1. Discuss the current indications and contraindications for cervical laminoplasty.
2. Explain various laminoplasty techniques with respect to hinging, fixation, and surgical approach.
3. Summarize important preoperative considerations for patients undergoing cervical laminoplasty.
4. Review the outcomes of cervical laminoplasty reported in the literature.
5. Review the outcomes of laminoplasty versus laminectomy and anterior cervical diskectomy and fusion for the management of cervical myelopathy.
6. List the complications of laminoplasty.
Earn up to 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
CME expires 2023