Real-world scenarios. Relevant learning.
Build your critical thinking and problem-solving skills with this program based on real patient cases.
In this journal-based CME activity, you will review the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management of scapular fractures by following an evolving patient case scenario based on a recent article from the Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (JAAOS).
After the reading, you will complete an assessment to test your orthopaedic knowledge, problem solving, and clinical decision-making skills.
As a result of completing this program, I am able to:
- Describe the pathophysiology and etiology of scapular fractures, including scapular neck, scapular body, and glenoid fossa fractures.
- Identify imaging studies and other tests that aid in confirming a diagnosis of a scapular fracture and help guide treatment decision making.
- Review nonsurgical and surgical treatment strategies for patients with a scapular fracture.
- Discuss indications for the surgical management of scapular fractures.
- Explain appropriate surgical approaches for the management of specific scapular fracture patterns.
Earn up to 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits
CME expires May 2023