Real-world scenarios. Relevant learning.
Build your critical thinking and problem-solving skills with this program based on real patient cases.
In this journal-based CME activity, you will review the typical presentation, diagnosis, and management of posterior malleolus fractures by following an evolving patient case scenario based on a recent article from the Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (JAAOS).
After the reading, you will complete an assessment to test your orthopaedic knowledge, problem solving, and clinical decision-making skills.
As a result of completing this program, I am able to:
- Describe the pathophysiology and etiology of posterior malleolus fractures, including pertinent anatomy, the mechanism of injury, classification, and associated injuries.
- Identify imaging studies that aid in the initial evaluation of posterior malleolus fractures.
- Discuss indications and fracture-specific considerations for the surgical management of posterior malleolus fractures.
- Explain techniques for the surgical fixation of posterior malleolus fractures, including postoperative management.
- Review reported outcomes of patients treated for an ankle fracture involving the posterior malleolus.
Earn up to 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
CME expires May 2023