Real-world scenarios. Relevant learning.
Build your critical thinking and problem-solving skills with this program based on real patient cases.
In this journal-based CME activity, you will review the principles of management for bunionette deformity by following an evolving patient case scenario based on a recent article from the Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (JAAOS).
After the reading, you will complete an assessment to test your orthopaedic knowledge, problem solving, and clinical decision-making skills.
As a result of completing this program, I am able to:
- Describe the anatomy and pathophysiology of bunionette deformity.
- Explain the typical clinical presentation of bunionette deformity, including common symptoms and physical examination findings.
- Identify imaging studies that aid in confirming a diagnosis of bunionette deformity and aid in guiding treatment decisions.
- Discuss the nonsurgical and surgical treatment options for patients with bunionette deformity.
- Review reported outcomes and complications associated with surgical bunionette correction.
Earn up to 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
CME expires May 2023