Real-world scenarios. Relevant learning.
Build your critical thinking and problem-solving skills with this program based on real patient cases.
In this journal-based CME activity, you will review the principles of management for midfoot arthritis by following an evolving patient case scenario based on a recent article from the Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (JAAOS).
After the reading, you will complete an assessment to test your orthopaedic knowledge, problem solving, and clinical decision-making skills.
As a result of completing this program, I am able to:
- Describe the anatomy and biomechanics of the midfoot.
- Discuss the multiple etiologies of midfoot arthritis.
- Explain the typical clinical presentation of midfoot arthritis, including common symptoms and physical examination findings.
- Identify imaging studies and other tests that aid in confirming a diagnosis of midfoot arthritis and aid in guiding treatment decisions.
- Review nonsurgical and surgical treatment options for patients with midfoot arthritis.
- Discuss the surgical management of midfoot arthritis via arthrodesis or interpositional arthroplasty, including indications, contraindications, techniques, and outcomes.
Earn up to 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
CME expires May 2023