Real-world scenarios. Relevant learning.
Build your critical thinking and problem-solving skills with this program based on real patient cases.
In this journal-based CME activity, you will review decision making in the management of distal triceps tendon ruptures by following an evolving patient case scenario based on a recent article from the Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (JAAOS).
After the reading, you will complete an assessment to test your orthopaedic knowledge, problem solving, and clinical decision-making skills.
As a result of completing this program, I am able to:
- Describe the anatomy of the triceps brachii muscle, particularly its distal attachment.
- Review the typical clinical presentation of patients with a distal triceps tendon rupture.
- Explain imaging studies that aid in the diagnosis and management of distal triceps tendon ruptures.
- Discuss the nonsurgical and surgical management of distal triceps tendon ruptures.
- Describe a technique for the anatomic repair of distal triceps tendon ruptures.
Earn up to 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
CME expires July 2023