Learn like you were there!
Take a front-row seat at this Academy surgical skills course, recorded October 2021 at the OLC Education & Conference Center: AAOS Innovative Surgical Techniques in Total Knee Arthroplasty
Course Directors: Mark J. Spangehl, MD, FAAOS & Nicholas J. Giori, MD, PhD, FAAOS
This OnDemand video program brings the finished event to you as faculty present best practices and emerging technologies designed to enhance patient outcomes for partial, primary, and revision knee replacement. Listen to the lecturers while watching their presentation slides, including patient cases and related surgical video demonstrations. Content is segmented by topic, so you can pick up where you left off or select lectures you prefer to watch - across your devices.
This Courses OnDemand program features 40+ lectures from distinguished faculty covering:
- Controversial Topics in TKA
- Unicompartment Knee Arthroplasty
- TKA Fundamentals
- Revision TKA: Core Concepts
- Periprosthetic TKA Infection
- New Technology in Arthroplasty
- Practice Management
This convenient, self-directed course gives you the flexibility to engage with trusted AAOS content online at your convenience.
At the conclusion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Recognize how to select patients with knee arthritis who are likely to benefit from unicompartmental knee arthroplasty
- Institute a rapid recovery protocol for joint arthroplasty in their own practice using contemporary strategies for patient selection, peri-operative optimization and pain management
- Identify appropriate surgical approaches for performing unicompartmental knee arthroplasty, and primary and revision total knee arthroplasty
- Diagnose and treat acute and chronic periprosthetic knee infections
- Interpret the latest data and recommendations regarding evolving concepts in knee arthroplasty including outpatient surgery, robotic assisted surgery, and cementless TKA