Completing this examination will help you:
• diagnose, evaluate, and treat sports medicine related knee injuries.
• determine the most likely surgical outcome and potential complications of common sports medicine procedures.
• describe the diagnosis and treatment of athletic conditions of the hip, shoulder, elbow, and ankle.
• formulate diagnosis and treatment plans for medical conditions encountered in the practice of sports medicine.
• interpret the medical literature and apply sound decision making and evidence-based principles to the application of surgical practice.
• identify common and somewhat uncommon anatomical structures and their associated patho-anatomy.
Online Learning Platform
• Access examinations via the AAOS online learning platform, with a mobile-friendly interface. Enhance your learning experience with these features and functions:
• easily navigate content, change display preferences, take notes, and mark items of interest
• access resources and educational links for further learning – including valuable discussions and commentary, rationale for the correct answers, and links to PubMed references
• pinch and size enhanced graphics to full screen on any touchscreen device
• take the exam in scored and recorded format, and then access the quiz-builder for a completely customizable experience
Self-Assessment in MOC
Credits earned by completing this Scored and Recorded Special Interest Self-Assessment Examinations can be applied to the scored and recorded self-assessment requirements as mandated by the ABOS Maintenance of Certification (MOC) process and will count toward the CME credit requirement, as well.