2022 Pediatric Orthopaedic Self-Assessment Examination
William L. Hennrikus, Jr., MD, FAAOS, Editor-in-Chief
ONLINE, Scored and Recorded
10 SAE CME; 100 multiple-choice questions
CME for this program expires on 1/31/2025
If you have already purchased, log in to the Online Learning Center to begin taking your exam.
Improve your ability to diagnose and treat pediatric orthopaeic conditions related to trauma, sports medicine, spine, hip, and foot and ankle. Deepen and update your understanding of skeletal dysplasicas, the biomechanics of growth and development; and infectious, metabolic, genetic, rheumatologic, and neuromuscular disease.
Completing this examination will help you:
• describe the diagnosis and treatment of common patterns of traumatic and
• interpret musculoskeletal imaging studies and pertinent findings to
determine the correct diagnosis.
• anticipate and identify the expected anatomic structures during pediatric
• recognize, evaluate and discuss available treatment options for developmental differences.
Online Learning Platform
Access examinations via the AAOS online learning platform, with a mobile-friendly interface. Enhance your learning experience with these features and functions:
• Easily navigate content, change display preferences, take notes, and mark items of interest
• Access resources and educational links for further learning – including valuable discussions and commentary, rationale for the correct answers, and links to PubMed references
• Pinch and size enhanced graphics to full screen on any touchscreen device
• Take the exam in scored and recorded format, and then access the quiz-builder for a completely customizable experience
Self-Assessment in MOC
Credits earned by completing this Scored and Recorded Special Interest Self-Assessment Examinations can be applied to the scored and recorded self-assessment requirements as mandated by the ABOS Maintenance of Certification (MOC) process and will count toward the CME credit requirement, as well.