Learn like you were there!
Take a front-row virtual seat at this Academy skills course recorded in September 2023 at the OLC Education & Conference Center: AAOS Course OnDemand: AAOS Surgical Skills in Total Hip and Total Knee Arthroplasty
Course Directors: Hany S. Bedair, MD, FAAOS; Nicholas J.Giori, MD, PhD, FAAOS; David W. Manning, MD, FAAOS and Charles L. Nelson, MD, FAAOS
This OnDemand video program brings the finished event to you as faculty present best practices and innovations designed for Total Hip and Total Knee Arthroplasty. Listen to the lecturers while watching their presentation slides, including patient cases and related surgical video demonstrations. Content is segmented by topic, so you can pick up where you left off or select lectures you prefer to watch - across your devices.
Watch and listen to the lecturers and their presentation slides, including patient cases, related surgical video demonstrations and emerging technologies. Content is segmented by topic, so you can pick up where you left off or select lectures you prefer to watch - across your devices.
This Courses OnDemand program features sessions from distinguished faculty covering:
- Planning for Primary THA
- Case Based Learning: THA Planning
- How to...in THA
- UKA Fundamentals
- Avoiding Problems
- Practice Management
- Case Based Learning: TKA
- TKA Fundamentals
- Evaluating the Painful/ Problematic TJA
This convenient, self-directed course gives you the flexibility to engage with trusted AAOS course content, online at your convenience.
Attended the live course? Enjoy special discounted pricing and supplement your notes, review lectures for improved retention and recall, and earn CME – again! Call AAOS Customer Service at 800.626.6726 to claim your discounted attendee rate! Outside U.S. dial 1.847.823.7186.
At the conclusion of this course, learners should be able to:
1. Complete a thorough preoperative plan for primary total hip arthroplasty including preoperative medical optimization, stem designs, fixation options and bearing surfaces.
2. Understand the anterior and posterior approaches to total hip arthroplasty and how to achieve excellent cemented and uncemented implant fixation. Learn expert tips and tricks for achieving excellent results and avoiding problems.
3. Plan a unicompartmental knee arthroplasty, select the proper patients, perform the surgery with and without robotic assistance, and understand technical tips that will optimize results and avoid problems.
4. Plan a total knee arthroplasty, understand current thought on alignment, perform the surgery with and without robotic assistance, learn how to correct deformity and achieve a balanced knee, and learn how to address challenging skin, hardware, and deformity issues.
5. Explore cutting-edge technology, including computer navigation, implants and robotics.
6. Understand how to work up a painful total joint arthroplasty for infection, instability, loosening, and stiffness.
7. Understand important factors in practice management including current economic trends, setting up and running an outpatient total joint program, collecting PROMS, and incorporating new technology to manage patients.
AAOS designates this activity for AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits™. *Pending final CME count*