Learn like you were there!
Take a front-row virtual seat at this Academy skills course recorded in October 2023 at the OLC Education & Conference Center: AAOS/POSNA/ISHA Surgical Treatment of the Pre-Arthritic Hip
Course Directors: Ernest L. Sink, MD, FAAOS and Joshua D. Harris, MD, FAAOS
This OnDemand video program brings the finished event to you as faculty present best practices and innovations designed for Surgical Treatment of the Pre-Arthritic Hip. Listen to the lecturers while watching their presentation slides, including patient cases and related surgical video demonstrations. Content is segmented by topic, so you can pick up where you left off or select lectures you prefer to watch - across your devices.
This Courses OnDemand program features sessions from distinguished faculty covering:
- Current State of Hip Preservation- What have we learned, what do we need to learn?
- The Acetabular Side – The Spectrum of Coverage and Orientation
- The Femoral Side – It’s Not Just an Alpha Angle, What Else Matters
- Advanced Hip Imaging - When and How to Use MRI, CT, and Correlate with Surgical Findings
- Clinical Presentation and Physical Exam and Correlation with Imaging
- Case Presentation: What is the diagnosis?
- Low Volume Acetabulum and Low Range of Motion – How to Make the Right Decision
- When is Version Clinically Relevant and Needs Treatment
- Derotational Femoral Osteotomy: How to Correct Symptomatic Version Abnormalities
- Core muscle injury, adductor and rectus abdominis pathology
- The Spectrum of Labral Treatment – When to Debride, Repair, Augment, or Reconstruct
- Articular cartilage management in 2023 - How much is too much for preservation?
- Cases: What is the Correct Treatment Recommendation?
- Why Postless Hip Arthroscopy – How to Avoid Uncommon, but Potentially Catastrophic, Complications
- PAO, Skillful Execution, Avoiding Complications, and Optimizing Outcomes During the Learning Curve
- Surgical Dislocation – How to Approach When the Scope Can’t Fix
- The Hypermobile Hip and Microinstability – How to Diagnose and Manage
- Ischiofemoral Impingement Correction – Scope versus Open
- Gluteal Repair – Scope versus Open
- Hamstring Repair – Scope versus Open
- Hip Arthroscopy Complications – How to Prevent the Preventable Complications
This convenient, self-directed course gives you the flexibility to engage with trusted AAOS course content, online at your convenience.
Attended the live course? Enjoy special discounted pricing and supplement your notes, review lectures for improved retention and recall, and earn CME – again! Call AAOS Customer Service at 800.626.6726 to claim your discounted attendee rate! Outside U.S. dial 1.847.823.7186.
At the conclusion of this course, learners should be able to:
1. Practice open and arthroscopic hip preservation techniques in a cadaveric setting to integrate new approaches into surgical care
2. Define controversies regarding arthroscopic and open procedures for borderline hip conditions
3. Review the variations in acetabular-sided morphologies and implications for surgical management approaches
4. Compare and contrast the variations in femoral-sided morphologies and implications for surgical management approaches
5. Identify various patterns of extra-articular hip impingement and appropriate surgical management options
For assistance, please contact Taylor Scott, Course Specialist, at 847-384-4244 or via email at email@example.com.
AAOS designates this activity for AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits™. *Pending final CME count*
Please note that this course will become available for viewing on the Online Learning platform on December 11, 2023.