Learn like you were there!
Take a front-row seat at this Academy skills course recorded in November 2023 at the OLC Education & Conference Center: AAOS Course OnDemand: AAOS/ASES Reverse and Anatomic Total Shoulder Arthroplasty: Concepts and Techniques from Basic to Advance.
Course Directors: Joseph A. Abboud, MD, FAAOS and J. Michael Wiater, MD, FAAOS
This OnDemand video program brings the finished event to you as faculty present best practices and innovations designed for reverse and anatomic total shoulder arthroplasty. Listen to the lecturers while watching their presentation slides, including patient cases and related surgical videos. Content is segmented by topic, so you can pick up where you left off or select lectures you prefer to watch - across your devices.
Watch and listen to the lecturers and their presentation slides, including patient cases, related surgical videos, panel discussions, and emerging technologies. Content is segmented by topic, so you can pick up where you left off or select lectures you prefer to watch - across your devices.
This Courses OnDemand program features sessions from distinguished faculty covering:
- How to Set Yourself Up for Success: Anatomic Total Shoulder Arthroplasty Controversies
- Predictable Exposure of the Glenoid
- Why Not Do a Reverse on Everyone?
- Peel vs Tenotomy vs LTO vs SSC Sparing Approach
- Does Length Matter? Stemmed vs Stemless Anatomic TSA
- Glenoid Component Fixation: What Does Literature Show?
- Regulatory Environment Around Outpatient TSA
- Hospital Outpatient Department vs Surgeon Owned ASC
- Pain Management and Anesthetic Protocols
- Patient Selection and Setting Expectations
- Irreparable Rotator Cuff
- Reverse TSA Controversies
- Reverse TSA for Fracture
- Revision Arthroplasty
This convenient, self-directed course gives you the flexibility to engage with trusted AAOS course content, online at your convenience.
Attended the live course??Enjoy special discounted pricing and supplement your notes, review lectures for improved retention and recall, and earn CME – again! Call AAOS Customer Service at 800.626.6726 to claim your discounted attendee rate! Outside U.S. dial 1.847.823.7186.
At the conclusion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Evaluate patients with shoulder arthritis and formulate a treatment plan
- Compare and contrast surgical indications for anatomic and reverse total shoulder arthroplasty
- Learn pearls and pitfalls for humeral and glenoid exposure
- Evaluate and manage patients with glenoid deformity
- Acquire technical consideration in hemiarthroplasty and reverse arthroplasty for fractures
- Gain an understanding of how to transition to outpatient shoulder arthroplasty including patient selection and pain management
- Apply contemporary strategies for infection control
- Learn indications for lower trapezius transfer
- Implement surgical techniques for revision shoulder arthroplasty in their practice
- Manage complications in shoulder arthroplasty and gain an understanding of how to avoid them
AAOS designates this activity for a pending number of AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits™.
Please note that this course will become available for viewing on the Online Learning platform on January 8, 2024.